Product Care - Undyed
This bag is made to withstand machine washing. However, we recommend to wash it by hand in order to avoid unnecessary abrasion of the fabric fibres and reach a more delicate result. We recommend spot cleaning the bag for as long as you can before completely washing it, in order to maintain its sturdiness.
Spot cleaning instructions:
- Depending on the type of mark, you may be able to get rid of it by rubbing a white eraser.
- For tougher marks, damp a cloth with a solution of water and mild detergent and rub area in circular motion.
- Oily stains: Apply 3% hydrogen peroxide (commonly found in pharmacies). Rub stained area in circular motion using dry cloth. Start with a small amount and increase as needed until desired result is achieved.
Hand washing instructions:
- Fill up a sink or basin with a solution of water and mild detergent.
- Push bag into the solution gently using your two hands, making sure water reaches all surfaces of the bag.
- Brush areas with accentuated dirt or marks.
- Do not bleach.
- Use a towel to pat dry the bag. Remove any spots of water accumulation and flatten wrinkled spots.
- Hang the bag by its handles in a well-ventilated area and let it air dry completely.
Machine washing instructions:
- Machine wash cold, delicate cycle. You may need to run the bag through two or even three cycles in the first time you wash the bag, as canvas is water repellent when new.
- Do not bleach.
- Drying: Hang the bag by its handles in a well-ventilated area and let it air dry completely.
- If needed, iron on medium heat setting.
- As this bag is mainly made of unprocessed 100% cotton canvas, expect 10% to 15% shrinkage of the undyed parts.